Friday, September 25, 2009

Cheesy Goodness!

Out of all the movie theatres here in Manila, the ones at Powerplant Mall are not exactly the ones with the cushiest seats or the best surround sound. There are other cinemas with much bigger screens too. And frankly, we find the PowerPlant Cinemas to be too cold! I always have to make sure to bring a shawl to keep myself warm! But regardless of all these, Jojo and I have vowed to watch our movies there every time from now on. So you must be wondering, what's the draw?

Well, it's all in the popcorn, really. ;-) The concessionaire there has THE best cheese popcorn ever! Not only are they ever so generous with the cheese powder, but I also love how the popcorn is more "chewable." You know, without the annoying hard kernels that get stuck between your teeth. ;-) It also has a slight buttery taste that complements the cheese. Jojo and I are absolutely loving the popcorn! Between the two of us, we get the large bucket(105 pesos). We go to the theatre early to see the trailers and previews. And just before the movie starts, we've usually wolfed down half of the bucket already! It's sooo good and really very addicting. It's a real treat for all cheese lovers. But of course, without the guilt! Loooove it!

We just saw the "Surrogates" last night. And now, I'm looking forward to dragging my husband to see "The Ugly Truth." It's a chick flick. But with PowerPlant's cheese popcorn as a bribe, I don't think it'll be such a feat to ask him to accompany me! ;-) Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails