Monday, September 14, 2009

A Food Find at Makati Cinema Square??!???

Apart from purchasing pirated DVDs and CDs, who knew that there's something else worth going to Makati Cinema Square for? I can still remember my first time at Makati Cinema Square. The place was dark and it was screaming for a renovation. It looked so "underground" and frankly, it got me scared. It felt "illegal" to be in such a place. ;-) Well, fast forward to a few years later and the place still looks the same. Nothing has changed. The only difference is that I've been there too many times that it doesn't scare me anymore. ;-) I've noticed that there's a lot more foreigners there too -- all wanting their fill of pirated DVDs.

Yes, I might as well let it out in the open. Buying pirated DVDs is indeed, a guilty pleasure of mine. I often go there for the movies and lately, for this new food discovery SLASH constant craving of mine. ;-) I'm talking about the cuapao at Emer's Food Center.

Emer's is located in the first basement of Makati Cinema Square. You know that little dance studio there? Just go up those set of stairs, turn right, walk further, and Emer's will be on your right side. For only P45 per piece, you can't get a better deal than this! With it comes sweetly-marinated pork, sauce, Chinese celery, and a topping of crushed peanuts in this soft, steamed white bun (man thao). We never leave Makati Cinema Square without it. And when I'm not there, I'm often craving for it. ;-) It's too bad that they don't deliver.

Emer's, apparently, has been around for 28 years now. When you see the restaurant, you would wonder at first, why people would even bother going in there. Nothing appealing about the place. Somehow, even without the snazzy interiors, people still flock there. You'll have to wonder. Must be the food. And it is! ;-) I haven't tried their Pata Tim yet. But I've been told that they're known for that. We have tried their rice topping meals before though. The one in the picture below is the Pork Rice one, I think. All this for only P108! Very yummy food! And soooo cheap! Kinda reminds me of those Chinese restaurants in Banaue or Binondo. The only difference is: It's located in Makati!!! ;-) A big YAY for us who live in this part of town! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails