Sunday, March 29, 2009

When You Love Someone (Songs of Love and Friendship)

My husband, Jojo, is a real music lover. When I'm in front of my laptop, I'm either on Facebook, or writing a blog, or surfing a list of my favorite sites. But Jojo, on the other hand, spends his time looking for good but underrated music. It's quite painstaking, actually. It requires a bit of detective work. ;-) He starts by searching artists that he likes on Amazon or a site similar to it. He scrolls to the bottom and looks at the list of other albums that other customers who liked it also bought. This is in hopes that Jojo will find albums with a similar "flavor." He goes through each album, listens to snippets of them, and if they're good, goes on to find where they can be downloaded. ;-) Yeah, yeah, I know what you're thinking. We would buy the album if we could. But unfortunately, these albums are not available in Manila. ;-(

Jojo has his other ways and strategies of searching for good music. I haven't quite figured out how else he does it. But at the rate that he's going, he's introducing to me at least 1 great but unheard-of album every week!

When it comes to my preferences, I have a liking to the rock/alternative type. It seems to be in the opposite end of the spectrum, but I also like Jazz and Standards. ;-) Jojo is very much aware of this, so he also tries to find music that he knows we both will like.

One such album that we both ABSOLUTELY love is "When You Love Someone (Songs of Love and Friendship). This album is by various artists -- the likes of Above the Golden State, Hawk Nelson, Toby Mac, and Nicole Nordeman. Definitely unheard-of huh? ;-) They're mostly Christian artists that's why. It's unfortunate that Christian music is not given as much attention and hype as they should. I mean, they produce a LOT of good music! Not only are they positive but they also have great melodies and excellent arrangements.

For this particular album, my favorites are "I Love You So" (Above the Golden State), "New Day" (Robbie Seay Band); "Let Me Love You" (Josh Wilson); "Don't You Forget About Me" (Hawk Nelson); "Falling For You" (Seabird); "Promise of a Lifetime" (Kutless); and "Confess" (Shawn McDonald). Whoops. I think I might have mentioned most of the tracks. ;-) You see, there are only 12 songs in the album. The styles vary. But the ones that I picked have that Coldplay/Edwin McCain/The Fray -- vibe. "I Love You So" is different from the lot because it's a bit reminiscent of The Beatles. Jojo and I call it our "Happy" song. ;-) We've been frequently singing to this song when stuck in traffic or when going to work. It may be an early Monday morning but this song instantly lifts up our spirits. ;-)

So now, here's our gift to you. Come and enjoy this album with us by downloading it HERE. This site will have the list of songs and their respective artists. If you scroll down and click on Rapidshare, this will lead you to the actual site where you can download it. Have fun and we would love to hear what you think! ;-) Hopefully the songs here will cheer you up too when you're stuck in traffic! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails