Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ilog Maria Bath Products

I’ve heard about Ilog Maria before from some of the blogs that I frequent. I know that it’s a Honeybee farm that makes organic and natural health soaps, oils, lotions, and many other toiletries. But it wasn’t really until our weekend at Tagaytay that I actually got to try their products. It was by accident, actually. I’m often the most organized person you’ll ever know. For some reason, on that particular weekend getaway, I wasn’t. We were checked in at T-House. And guess what? I forgot to bring soap! We didn’t have a choice but to actually use the soap that was provided by the hotel. I don’t normally use those. I find that soap and what-not provided by hotels dry up the skin really fast.


Left without a choice, I decided to use the soap that they provided, anyway. I quickly made that decision when I read the little sticker on the soap. “Green tea and honey,” it said. Hmmm. Interesting. I took a whiff of it and its scent didn’t disappoint either! T-House also provided Green Tea Shampoo to go with it. Enamored by the scent, I decided to ditch my Pantene shampoo as well.


Let me tell you, it was the best soap I’ve ever used! I’m usually a body wash-and-foam “type” of girl. But with soap that gentle, refreshing, and clean smelling, I’m willing to use soap instead – at least for my evening baths. As for the shampoo, it made my hair smell nice and minty all day. I couldn’t stop myself from flipping my hair! I just wish that they provided conditioners as well. My hair wasn’t as soft as I wanted it.


When we asked the front desk and found out that these toiletries were provided by Ilog Maria, Jojo and I were immediately on a hunt for the place. There was no way that I was going to leave Tagaytay without shopping at Ilog Maria. And Jojo knew this. So without hearing any complaints, off were were to Ilog Maria.


Ilog Maria is about a half hour away from the T-House Hotel. It’s quite difficult to find, actually. It’s a good thing that when we stopped to ask for directions, the people in Tagaytay were very helpful and accommodating. Since it’s off the main road, I imagine it wouldn’t be advisable to go there during or after rain showers. It might be quite muddy and you wouldn’t want to risk having your car being stuck in the mud!

When we finally got there (that is, after following a van which we suspected was going to Ilog Maria too!), we saw the store immediately. The crowd of people that were there was a dead giveaway. ;-) Anyway, behind the store was some sort of Bee Museum. Since it was late afternoon and it was beginning to get dark, we decided to just do our shopping there and then split. The next time we’re there, we will be sure to roam the farm though.


In a matter of minutes, I easily racked up a bill of 1,000 pesos. I was so impressed with their soaps that I ended up buying presents or pasalubong for Jojo’s Mom and sisters too!



I bought them each a Propolis-Cider Liniment, Honey Propolis Throat Spray, and 2 of the mini-soaps. I got the same for myself but in addition to it, a LOT more soaps! ;-) Almost one of each kind! ;-) I bought the Lavender soap, Spearmint, Milk & Honey, Coffee & Honey, and Green Tea!


I’m still trying to use up the Lavender soap. And of course, I’ve tried the Green Tea soap. But so far, here’s the verdict. The soaps are just EXCELLENT! Really gentle and it leaves a subtle yet fragrant scent on your skin. I love them so much that I’ve decided I’ll only buy and use Ilog Maria soaps from now on and no other. ;-)


As for the Propolis Cider Liniment, Jojo and I have tried it a couple of times in place of Efficascent Oil or White Flower. What we like about it is the fact that it doesn’t have that (out of lack of a better term) – “old smell.” It smells nice and it’s not overpowering. What we don’t like about it too much is that it lacks that “tingly” feeling that you get after applying it on. Minutes after applying Efficascent Oil and White Flower, your skin feels cool and it immediately drives away that “fatigued muscle” feel. The Propolis Cider Liniment only works when you apply a ton of it in your skin. And it takes a while to actually feel it work. It’s too bad. I had high hopes for this one.


The Honey Propolis Throat Spray is said to freshen breath, ease sore throat, quiet smoker’s cough, and keep gums healthy. Jojo made 2 spritzes of it in his tonsils as it said in the bottle. After a few seconds, he gave me that face. Apparently, it didn’t taste very pleasant. I tried it myself and it cooled the tonsils for a few minutes, alright. But there’s a bit of that subtle aftertaste. Sadly, not too appealing.


Regardless of this, we plan to go back there to restock. I’ll be trying the other soaps as well as the hair oil, honeymilk lotion, bath gel, and aromatherapy oil. Can’t wait!!! ;-)


For more info, you can check out their website at www.ilogmaria.com . They have a product catalogue there along with the price list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails