Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Favorite Things: Kenny Rogers' Grilled Four-Cheese Sandwich

As you may already be aware, I LOVE cheese! Just as much as I love shopping, cheese is the other thing that leaves my day on a high note regardless of how awful it's been. Or if I'm not feeling particularly awful, cheese is just my go-to for comfort food. In short, cheese is my "happy" food! ;-)

Whenever that craving for cheese kicks in, automatically, it's Kenny Rogers Roasters that come to mind. Or if I can afford it, from some swanky hotel's cheese plate at their buffet. Usually though, my choices are pasta at Sbarro, pizza at Yellow Cab, Pizza Hut, or Greenwich, or the Ham and Cheese Sandwich at Pancake House. These are the restos at Market, Market which I usually pass through after work. These places all have good cheeses but I'm usually feeling guilty after eating at any of these restos. Do you know how many calories there are in a serving of pasta at Sbarro's??!?? Find out for yourself HERE. That's 700 calories for a plate of their Baked Ziti. The rest are just as sinful, I'm sure.

Anyway, I get my cheese fill at Kenny Rogers when I order their Grilled Four-Cheese Sandwich. It costs PhP 105 on its own. But I often order it with their Lite Iced Tea and crispy Fries at only PhP 135 in total. It's a perfectly light meal with that ultimate cheese goodness! I absolutely love it! In fact, to maximize that cheese "kick," I take out the top bread slice and eat it open-faced. YUM! And that's without the guilt! It is, after all, served on a whole-wheat panini with nothing but the four gooey cheeses (cheddar, mozzarella, Parmesan, and Monterey Jack). The fries that accompany it are crispy and not too too greasy. Frankly, I like the fries at Kenny Rogers better than McDonald's. As for their lite iced tea, it's obviously sugar-free. Not too sweet but it has a bit of an aftertaste. From the Splenda maybe? Well, if you're not fond of sugar-free drinks, you can always opt to get one of their smoothies. I think these start at PhP 90 each.

PHOTO CREDITS
http://www.virginmedia.com/images/cheese_mites430x300.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/mongit/For%20My%20Blog/September%202007/Kenny%20Rogers/IMG_3855.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails