Friday, March 19, 2010

Mom's Manyaman Homemade Goodies

On my way home, I found this food stall on the second floor of Market, Market. It's near Goldilocks and right beside the escalator. I've seen it before and yesterday (although it was a Friday during Lenten season!), I finally gave in. Bad Nina. I couldn't resist the buttery-looking ensaimadas and cheese rolls! I just bought one of each though. They have these ensaimadas in a pan (about 12 small pieces) which you can get plain or topped with caramel-type sauce. I didn't want to get indulgent so I only went for the individual packs -- one cheese roll (30 pesos) and one plain ensaimada (32 pesos). The caramel-topped ensaimada wasn't sold in individual packs.

So what's the verdict? It tastes as good as it looks! Just the way I imagined it would taste! The bread is verrrrry soft and buttery. In fact, it's the bread that's the star here, not the cheese. I can eat it with just the bread alone. Having the cheese, butter, and sugar on top is just an added bonus! ;-) Mom's Manyaman's ensaimada and cheese roll did remind me of Mary Grace's. But the taste is more straightforward. It tastes simpler -- just like how your Mom or grandma would've made it. ;-) It is aptly named!

Aside from Market, Market, I think you can also find a Mom's Manyaman stall at the Greenhills Theatre Mall. Or if you're ordering in bulk, you can contact them at 726-4679 or 09175776507. It says on the sticker that their main location is at 33 Mariposa St., Cubao, Quezon City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails