Friday, October 16, 2009

Revisiting T.G.I. Fridays

Every Friday, my husband and I often go out for what we call our "Date Night." ;-) Yesterday was a long and exhausting day at work. And with the traffic, Jojo and I didn't get to meet up later that day until 7:00. I was waiting for him to pick me up at Bonifacio High Street. We had planned to go to Mall of Asia, initially. But because we were already starving, we decided to just stay put.

As usual, I was craving for something cheesy. Jojo, ever the "typical" guy, said that at the moment, he could eat anything as long as it had rice and the servings are huge. ;-) To suit both of our requirements, we found T.G.I. Friday's to be the perfect choice. We were third on the waiting list but surprisingly, we were accommodated in a couple of minutes!

There's a myriad of choices at T.G.I. Friday's. It was so hard deciding! Jojo wanted the baby back ribs. You would think it would be that simple. But with the back ribs, there's the option of either glazed in barbecue sauce or Jack Daniel's. I wanted chicken. But which one? As garlic primavera pasta, alfredo, in burger form, glazed and served with side dishes, or on top of my salad??!?? Man, when you're hungry, you just want to eat them all! ;-) Well, it took us a while. But Jojo eventually ordered the Half Baby Back Ribs with Tangy Barbecue Sauce (595 pesos). There's one side dish that went with it. Jojo got the fries and eventually ordered an extra side dish of Rice Pilaf (65 pesos). I ordered the Jack Daniel's Chicken (365 pesos). It came with corn-on-the cob and I opted for their cheddar cheese mashed potatoes.

Jojo was quite happy with his Baby Back Ribs. It was indeed, very tender. But he commented that the flavour of the marinade or glaze did not seep through to the inside. It was, nonetheless, still good. But he was being frank when he said that Rack's ribs were better.

I really liked the Rice Pilaf though. It was tasty and it went so well with the meat dishes. Jojo thought it was okay. He likes his rice more garlicky. I, on the other hand, just think he's a weirdo. ;-) Hahaha! ;-)

My Jack Daniel's Chicken was just the way I liked it. The sauce was sweet and a bit "plum-y." My three pieces of chicken breast fillet were tender and very filling. The corn was sweet and it went well with the chicken. A lazy part of me wished the corn wasn't served on the cob though. It gets stuck in your teeth and it can get a bit messy.

Although I loved the chicken that I ordered, it was not the real highlight of this meal. What I wanted to rave about was T.G.I. Friday's cheddar cheese mashed potato. I've tried a lot of mashed potatoes in my whole lifetime. But I would have to say that T.G.I. Friday's is the best! It was smooth and it glided easily in my mouth. At the same time, there were bits of potato skins in there that gave it texture in every bite. It's quite hard to spot the cheese just from looking at it. But when you take your bite, oh, it's definitely in there! Everything went so well together! For a cheese lover like me, this side dish was pure heaven. And it definitely upstaged the chicken! ;-) After that first bite, I remember telling my husband that I could eat T.G.I. Friday's mashed potato everyday and never get sick of it. ;-) I absolutely loved it.

So hurry on out to T.G.I. Friday's to fulfill that craving for an All-American meal! Don't forget to order that cheddar mashed potatoes though. Whether you end up liking or not liking what you ordered with it, trust me, the cheddar mashed potatoes will definitely be worth its price. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails