Sunday, June 7, 2009

Cute Japanese Battery-Operated Fans!

Our house still needs a lot of revamping. So lately, Jojo and I have been frequenting stores that have anything to do with home decor, furniture, and accessories. While at the Mall of Asia, Dimensione is one of these type of stores that we visited. Their pieces there are very modern, posh, and artsy! I love the stuff that they have there. Sadly though, I think they cater more to those with huge or at least, loft-type homes. Ours is a lowly 2-bedroom condo so whenever I'm at Dimensione, all I can really look at are the accessories.

It's a good thing, actually. Because amidst all the "large-ticket" items there, they have the neatest gadgets and novelty items that you can easily miss! We're talking cute Japanese knick-knacks that you know you don't need but will somehow find use for. ;-)

One of these that I quickly grabbed is this cute Japanese battery-operated fan. I already have one similar to it which I bought in the Bugis Junction Mall in Singapore. It's in the shape of some unknown superhero character. ;-) I bought it in 2006 and I remember it cost $10 SGD. That's about P300. It's kinda steep, if you think about it. But it was just soooo cute! The fan below is the one from Singapore. How can you possibly resist buying it? ;-)

After this trip to Dimensione, I just realized that I was ripped off in Singapore! The fans at Dimensione are soooo much cuter! They come in different designs as well as in different colors. And for only P99.75 each! You can't beat that. I wanted to buy them all! But I knew I only needed one so I had to stop myself. After the pain of having to only choose 1, I finally went for the red fan. Isn't it just sooooo cool (no pun intended)?

This will definitely come handy for our upcoming trip to Vietnam. And in the mean time, for these brownouts that often accompany the rainy season. With this fan on hand, I think I might not mind them so much. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails