Sunday, June 7, 2009

David Choi's "Only You" Album

David Choi is another of Jojo's discoveries online. Korean in nationality, he's apparently lived in LA all his life as a singer and songwriter. He won a bunch of contests, namely the John Lennon Song Writing Contest and David Bowie's MashUp Contest. But it was his Youtube videos which brought him popularity and made him a sensation. I would classify his music and voice as a mix of Jason Castro, John Mayer, and maybe a bit of Jason Mraz too? A more apt description would probably be calling him the male counterpart of Colbie Caillat.

His music has that indie vibe and are mostly accompanied by a guitar. The songs are cute, heartwarming, and overall -- just "feel good" music. Kinda like the songs that you would hear as background for Korean movies like "Sassy Girl" or something. ;-) Currently, his songs are filed on my iPod as "biking music." The kind that I enjoy listening to on a sunshiny day, while on a bike, without a care in the world. ;-)

Check out the Youtube videos below to get a taste of his music. I honestly love all of the songs. But from the 14 songs in the album, I would say these two are my "favoritest": ;-)





Are you loving David Choi yet? If you are, I found this SITE where you can download his whole album and a few extras. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails