Thursday, July 9, 2015

Travel Must-Have: Malong


Aside from a first-aid kit full of medicine, an absolute travel must-have for me is the malong. Similar to a sarong, a malong is a "tube" skirt often made locally of batik. It's so versatile and it truly comes in handy for many uses! Namely: 

1.) As a budget traveler, I've had my share of gross bedsheets in hotels. My malong has saved me and have assured me of a good night's sleep as it acts not only as my security blanket which reminds me of home, but when worn, it helps to add an extra layer between me and the bacteria-ladened mattress and sheets!

2.) There are certain dress codes when you visit temples. Just put on a solid-colored shirt and don your colorful malong and there you have it -- a fashionable and comfortable outfit for a day at the temples. 

3.) For those long bus trips or boat cruises, the malong can act as a warm scarf or blanket which you can share with your significant other as you snuggle beside each other!

4.) When packing your stuff and you have fragile items, you can wrap your malong around it to act as a bubble wrap. Or if you're out of plastic bags, you can use your malong to separate the dirty or used items from the clean ones. 

5.) Finally, the malong can be used to cover any valuables that you have -- shielding gadgets and  electronics or what-not left at the hotel or during quick layovers in flights. 

When traveling, you want to make sure your luggage is light and easy to transport. It's important to bring items that are multifunctional. A malong certainly comes handy and you can get them as cheap as PHP 300 at Greenhills or Quiapo. 

Image source:  https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiUW1JoeCoak6QW7PlU3Ed96wvsKct4pIBNh1-_y0odOD5aBFW38rg8mfnWmh_B_Co-lWFGwgh1LrLAhhDhR8E5EIhKxpUHqgGlnH1lLNx6M4qKrh4CI32F2cpfofqVG0Xz-Pj9XKQtdw/s800/tmcc-inual-malong.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Great article! Thanks for sharing I have used travel must have and I must say, they are a great relief when outdoors.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails