Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Website for all Music Lovers

You will absolutely love me for this great find! I mean, you won't have to download any music or purchase albums EVER for the rest of your life! You're not only freeing up your hard drive but as long as you've got WiFi or a good internet connection, you can listen to your favorite songs and albums whenever you want. If you're one like me who doesn't have a clue about current hits, this is also a best way for you to get updated. Find out what's popular and what everyone is listening to with just a click of the mouse. You can even create your own playlist and access it whenever you're online. It's like having a virtual iPod or iTunes without using up your disk space. As long as you've got access to Adobe Flash (iPads, unfortunately, can't run Adobe Flash), you may also listen to radio stations.



Alright. Did I hype it up too much already? ;-) I'm talking about grooveshark.com. You can get to the site by clicking THIS.



And I'm really not exaggerating about how handy it is for me. As a teacher, I use it to play music for when my students are doing work in the classroom. Music gets them in Zen mode and they actually end up being more focused. When we wrapped up the school year a few weeks ago, grooveshark.com came handy as well as back-up music for our classroom parties. I didn't have to bring CDs or MP3s. Best of all, I just had to click on the "Popular" icon on the left side and play away. The kids recognized all the songs and they enjoyed them too. For an "old timer" like me, it saved me some guess-work on figuring out what's 'cool' music nowadays...;-)



The only thing I wish to change about grooveshark.com are those annoying ads on the side. It has the option to remove ads but it's something that you'll have to pay for. It's something that you can get used to though. Not really something that's too bothersome since the ads really only stay on a box on the right side. They're not the pop-up type that just appear all over the screen.



It's important to note too that I think Grooveshark works on phones as well. iPads and iPhones don't and can't run Adobe Flash Player. But I'm sure other phones like Sony Ericksson, Nokia, and the likes should be fine with it.



IMAGE SOURCE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails