Sunday, April 4, 2010

WARNING: Do not read unless you want to be a couch potato!

I can't believe I only have less than two days left of my spring break. I've had the last nine days off and it just went by sooo fast! We took part in the usual Lenten traditions such as Visita Iglesia, Good Friday fasting and abstinence, and Easter celebrations. Honestly, other than that, I don't quite remember accomplishing anything else.

Well, I did accomplish something. Actually, make that TWO things. It's not exactly a chore, errand, or anything major. In fact, it's not even all that productive. But I had a whole lot of fun doing it! I'm talking about getting caught up on a couple of my favorite TV series! ;-) It's such a bummer that all the TV series that I follow are about a season behind here in the Philippines. I've just given up on following my favorite shows using local cable. Pirated DVDs are even way ahead of them. When the season is over, out goes the pirated DVDs of these shows a few days later. I think they start selling these DVDs in early June some time. That's what I did last year. As a teacher, I have two full months off for summer break. Last year, I used my summer to get caught up on all of my favorite shows. I bought all the DVDs and watched them one after the other. Among my favorites include the 3 CSIs, The Mentalist, Mad Men, The Tudors, Desperate Housewives, Damages, and reality TV shows like Project Runway, Top Design, and So You Think You Can Dance. I watched all these during the summer and waited one whole year before watching the next full season. It wasn't a smart thing to do, frankly. After watching all these shows, you start to confuse the series and storylines -- not to mention forget where you left off in the plot after a full year! ;-)

Well, you can always download each episode on iTunes for a small fee. But being the cheapskate that I am, I tried to get on the Fox or CBS station, etc. to see the online streaming of their shows. ;-) Didn't work though. These websites only allow those with North American IP addresses to view them. It sucks. But I didn't give up. I searched some more online and finally found this gem of a website:

http://www.freeonlineepisodes.net/watch-tv-shows-online/


Wow. It's just an amazing site! I didn't find "Top Design" on it. But this website has a list of about 100 or so TV shows and series that you can click to watch. We're not just talking the current season here. I just got caught up on CSI New York, Season 6 and was surprised to see that they provide online streaming of shows from Season 1 to 5 too! And the list of 100 or so shows, wow! There's a lot there that I've never even heard of. For instance, there's a series called the "Ugly Americans"??!?? Did you know that? Oh and there's one called "The Secret Diary of a Call Girl" too. What's that? Another intriguing series is called "Cupid." Hmmm.

Well, I know for a fact that my husband is going to be thrilled to know that he can watch his favorite series -- Destination Truth, Ghosthunters, and Man vs. Wild whenever he wants now. There's a lot of good stuff there. The hardest decision would be figuring out which one to start with! ;-)

It depends on how fast your connection is. But for me, I usually give the online streaming a 10-minute headstart. Just like YouTube, I let it populate first before watching it from the beginning. The quality of the streaming has always been good. But sometimes and on some episodes, it does get pixelated when you enlarge it to fit the screen.

There you have it. Enjoy hours and hours of fun getting caught up on your favorite episodes! And if you do discover one that is really good, please share and leave me a note to tell me about it! Frankly, after I finish following my favorite shows, I don't think I'd know which one to pick next! It's too confusing and there's just too many choices! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails